Friday, December 20, 2013

Thrice the joy for Hafiz

Singer-songwriter Hafiz Suip swept three awards at the recent Anugerah Industri Muzik 20, write Bibi Nurshuhada Ramli anad Faisal Asyraf


It was a big night for singer-songwriter Hafiz Suip, who won Best Vocals (Male) for Bahagiamu Deritaku, while his album Luahan Hati Anak Seni was named Best Album and Best Album Recording at the Anugerah Industri Muzik 20 (AIM20).

"Today, I feel like all the hard work has paid off," said Hafiz at the press conference after the awards show in Putra Stadium Bukit Jalil. "I also want to thank the jury, composers, fans and the Hafiz Fan Club, for supporting me in my career."

He admits that he didn't think he could win so many awards.

"When I found out who the other nominees were, I thought I had little chance of winning," he says.

Nominees for the best album included Anuar Zain and Dayang Nurfaizah, Hazama, Awi Rafael and Asmidar. Hazama and Ronnie from the band Hyperact were among the nominees for the Best Vocals (Male).

With every win comes expectations. Hafiz says : "I don't want to be too comfortable with what I have achieved. I want to keep going on producing good music."

LY, the composer for Bahagiamu Deritaku, said Hafiz has amazing vocal techniques. "He breathes life into songs by composers such as Ajai and M.Nasir and has his identity stamped all over the song. This shows his capability as a great artiste," he said.

On Bahagiamu Deritaku, LY said it was written with the discerning Indonesian market in mind. "At that time, I didn't know who the song was meant for. I wrote four songs, as requested by the album production team. When I found out that I'd be writing for Hafiz, I took back all the songs and wrote something with him in mind. That's how Bahagiamu Deritaku came about."

Asked how he maintains his voice, Hafiz said : "To be frank, I don't really have a strict regime. I eat whatever and do whatever I want. But I drink lots of water. My late grandma told me to always drink a glass of water first thing after waking up in the morning."

Hafiz believes discipline is the key to a successful career in the industry.

"I can't stress enough how important time-keeping and good discipline are. If you pursue anything in life, you can only be good if you are disciplined," he said.

The seventh Akademi Fantasia winner aspires to be as successful as rock legends Amy Search and Awie. "To be in their position means you have the ability to help and inspire others."

For full article, go to http://www.nst.com.my

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails